MSW (Master’s of Social Work)
SWC (Clinical Social Worker Candidate)
CYT (Certified Yoga Teacher)
Sound Healing Practitioner
Therapeutically Touch Trained
Meghan is accepting new clients.
I am a somatic based practitioner specializing in helping women overcome obstacles in their life that prevent them from experiencing true and lasting happiness.
I earned my B.A. in Psychology and Sociology from The Ohio State University. I then earned my M.S.W. from Loyola University in Chicago.
I practiced as a Licensed Social Worker for eight years before taking a break from the field to discover alternative ways to regulate the nervous system.
My Toolbox: yoga, Reiki, sound healing and more!
As mentioned above, I received my Master’s in social work in 2008 from Loyola University, Chicago. For eight years, I practiced as a Licensed Social Worker and worked as an Intake Clinician. During that time, I supported a wide range of individuals experiencing mental health issues.
I eventually took a break from the intake field and started to explore the range of alternative ways to regulate the nervous system. In 2015 I discovered yoga and immediately fell in love with the healing aspects of the practice.
I dove deep into the yoga teachings and discovered that through movement, breath, mantra, and meditation techniques, the body can be an incredible resource for profound inner transformation.
This translates to all sorts of good things like:
- Increased adaptability to stress
- Strong connection to self
- Mental and physical flexibility
- Mood stability,
- Feelings of well-being.
I incorporate various healing modalities including Reiki, yoga, sound healing, and guided imagery meditation to facilitate healing the nervous system.
I love teaching somatic based yoga and meditation classes that help you explore your body in an intentional manner through mindful breath and movement.
In 2018, I became a Reiki Master and utilize this form of healing regularly. Reiki is a form of energetic healing that balances the main energy centers of the body, otherwise known as the chakras. This brings your entire system back into its natural state of peace where healing occurs. Reiki provides an opportunity to explore somatic experiences as they occur throughout the session and how they relate to mental health.
Additionally, I also discovered the therapeutic element of sound vibration. I often use sound healing in my sessions to help individuals quiet their mind to deepen relaxation.
I have a variety of Tibetan and gemstone crystal singing bowls that I love to incorporate into all aspects of my healing practices.
It has been shown to:
- decrease feelings of stress,
- balance emotional states such as anxiety and depression,
- improve sleep,
- lead to greater focus,
- increase feelings of well-being, and
- promote inner peace.
Healing myself during the pandemic
During the 2020 pandemic, I experienced a great deal of upheaval in my life. I lost my private practice, my yoga teaching jobs, and was forced to figure out other alternatives. I felt extremely lost and stuck. Paralyzed by fear, I had no idea what I was going to do and there was no end of the pandemic in sight. At the time, I felt like the only tools to help me through the transition were the practices that I shared with others- yoga, meditation, sound healing and Reiki.
I dove into my own healing. I explored other avenues of healing such as spending time in nature, and proactively making daily healthy lifestyle choices that serve my body, mind, and spirit. I learned to get back in sync with the rhythm of my own body which led me to healing my own trauma which I had been ignoring.
No matter how big or how small, trauma impacts the nervous system- the way we make decisions, our relationships, our belief systems, and thought patterns.
Healing my own trauma has opened up a world of possibilities I once thought impossible. Healing has also helped me be more compassionate, creative, abundant, loving, nurturing, and feel like I am deserving of all the good things that come my way!
Combining somatic practices of yoga, Reiki, sound healing, meditation, and lifestyle coaching with my mental health background has been a positive game changer for my clients.
If I can heal myself, you can too! Sometimes we need support to get going. It’s courageous work to deeply heal. By becoming more aware of how hidden trauma may be negatively impacting your life life, this is an opportunity to build healthy coping skills and heal the imprints that reside deep within the tissues of the body.
Together, we facilitate healing and wellness.
Those who are most attracted to my line of work:
- Are curious about how yoga, meditation, sound healing and other mindfulness based practices can heal and transform your nervous system and heal trauma.
- Have tried traditional talk therapy and are interested in healing trauma through the body.
- Desire to know and understand themselves deeper.
- Want to build a healing toolbox of coping skills, practices, and resources to help them through the hard times.
- Are experiencing hardship, feeling lost, or paralyzed by fear.
- Seeking ways to evolve toward their highest potential.
- Want to love themselves unconditionally
What brings me joy
When I am not working in the office, you can find me outside in nature, practicing yoga, teaching, and studying yoga. I also love to read, cook amazing food, collect new sound healing instruments, explore new restaurants, travel, and spend time with my amazing family and friends. Summer is my favorite season and I love to camp, explore mountain biking trails, hike, eat acaii bowls, and find new bodies of water to float my stand up paddle board.
I have a dog who loves to swim and join me on paddle boarding adventures. I love a good almond milk chai latte and eat chocolate nearly every day. Traveling brings me a lot of peace and inspires me to create. I am obsessed with music and am hoping to create and record my own music one day.
- 2023-Present: Somatic Therapy Partners, Denver, CO; Clinician
- 2019-Present: Meg Hennessy Yoga, Denver, CO; Owner
- 2016-2020 & 2021-Present: Samadhi Center for Yoga, Denver, CO; Yoga instructor
- 2010-2018: Jefferson Center for Mental Health, Lakewood, CO; Intake Clinician, Solutions Now Clinician
Post Graduate Trainings and Certifications
- 200-hour yoga teacher training at Sutra Seekers
- 500-hour yoga teacher training at Samadhi Center for Yoga
- 100+ hours of training with master yoga teachers including Anand Mehrotra, Janet Stone, Saul David Raye, Sianna Sherman, Shiva Rea, Seane Corne, Bhavani Maki, and Rod Stryker
- Level 1 Certified Yin & Restorative teacher training
- Level 1 Yoga Nidra certified by Jeremy Wolfe
- Reiki Master
- Certified Yoga Teacher
- 2008 – Master’s in Social Work, Loyola University Chicago
- 2006 – Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology, The Ohio State University