Below are the questions we receive the most and their answers. If you feel we still have not answered your question, contact us!
Read more about our COVID-19 protocols here.
Do you accept insurance?
No, we do not accept insurance. However, we are an Out-of-Network provider for most insurance companies. This means we can provide you with a receipt (Superbill in insurance terms) which you can send to your insurance company for reimbursement. Since we don’t guarantee it will be accepted by your insurance provider, we encourage all clients who want to do this to call their insurance company first to make sure if your benefits apply.
What are your session fees?
Our clinicians offer individual, 4-session, and 8-session packages. Session fees range depending on clinician and number of sessions purchased. All sessions are 60-minutes. Currently, the session fees are as follows:
- Margaret Balhoff: $140-$150/session
- Jenny Wanty: $165-$175/session
- Maira Holzmann: $230-$250/session
Who currently has openings for new clients?
- Margaret Balhoff has openings for new clients.
- Jenny Wanty has an open waitlist.
- Maira Holzmann has openings for new clients.
Can I use my HSA or FSA card for payment?
Our business designation allows for the use of HSA and FSA cards. However, we cannot guarantee that your card will be accepted. In the event that your card is declined, we can also issue you a Superbill to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
What’s your intake process like?
- Our first step in working together is scheduling a 15-20 minute intake phone call with the Intake Specialist. Please use the intake scheduling calendar to book your phone call. We’ll use the intake call to assess if we’re a good fit for each other. “Good fit” includes and is not limited to: availability for scheduling and the severity of your symptoms can be supported at the out-patient level of care,
- After completing the intake phone call, and assuming we’re a good fit for each other, you can schedule either a free 15-minute phone consult with the clinician that would best meet your needs OR if you’re ready, we can schedule you directly for your first session.
- After scheduling a free consult or booking a first session, the Intake Specialist will send you a confirmation email with the date and time of your appointment.
- If you are booking a session, the confirmation email will also contain our address and information regarding setting up your client portal. Please make sure to complete the paperwork through the client portal prior to your first session.
Please note that we do require all clients to keep a credit card on file with us; we only accept MC and Visa. We can store your HSA on file, however, we will also need to store another credit card as backup. If this doesn’t work for you, we are happy to give you a referral.
Do you work with kids?
At this time, we do not work with individuals under 18.
What issues DON’T you work you work with?
We believe the therapeutic relationship is integral to getting your therapeutic needs met and influences how well treatment works. Working with a clinician that specializes in the issues you’re struggling with allows the therapeutic alliance to strengthen and flourish. We also want you to get the help you deserve. Because of these beliefs and since we are an out-patient clinic, unfortunately, we would not be well suited to work with the following issues:
- Active suicidal ideation
- Active self-harming
- Active addictions
How many sessions do you recommend?
That’s a difficult question to answer with specifics since this process is so completely dependent upon the individual. The simple answer is that it will take less time the more you practice the skills and mindset shifts that you will learn in sessions. We are not a quick-fix, short-term solution oriented practice.
Typically clients begin with once per week appointments. Clients work with our clinicians anywhere from three months to several years – the healing journey takes time!