Now more than ever, we are in this together and we care about your health. Currently, all of our clinicians have received their first dose of the vaccine. As such, please review our COVID protocols below; let’s work together to keep everyone as safe as we can.
Using COVID-19 best practice recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO), guidance from other health-care sectors, findings from the limited and preliminary research on the virus, and the most accurate updates we could gather from the quickly evolving science, we’ve compiled this document of practice protocols that seem most appropriate for Somatic Therapy Partners.
In lieu of a cure, vaccine, antibody tests, or other intervention for COVID-19, there is no way right now to venture back into practice without revised protocols to protect You and Us. While we continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation, there is no guarantee of safety from getting the virus, only best practices to try and greatly reduce the spread.
We thank you in advance for adhering to our protocols and being in care of each other.
Below are questions and guidelines to consider before showing up for your scheduled appointment.
If you can answer “yes” to ANY of the questions below, please plan on staying home. There will be no cancellation fees if you need to cancel less than 24 hours due to possible COVID-19 symptoms.
1. Do you actively have any of the following symptoms?
- new shortness of breath,
- new loss of taste or smell,
- new cough,
- new sore throat,
- muscle or body aches,
- respiratory infection,
- severe fatigue,
- tightness of chest,
2. Have you or anyone you live with, tested positive for COVID in the last 30 days?
3. Have you or anyone you live with had a fever in the last 30 days?
4. Are you immune-compromised or do you have any chronic lung illness?
If you did answer “yes” to any of the questions above, per the CDC, persons with COVID-19 who have symptoms and were directed to care for themselves at home may discontinue isolation under the following conditions:
- At least 10 days have passed since symptom onset and,
- At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications and,
- Other symptoms (e.g., cough, shortness of breath) have improved.
- *Asymptomatic individuals with COVID-19 may discontinue isolation and other precautions 10 days after the date of their first positive test.
Office procedures and expectations
We are working diligently to modify our office procedures to provide a safe and healing environment.
Here’s what you can expect from us:
- Wearing a mask at all times during your visit.
- Disinfecting surfaces in between sessions.
- Using an air filtering device to provide “cleaner” air in the office during your session.
- Stagger client appointments times in order to support social distancing and fewer people in the waiting room.
- Taking the temperature of each client before start of session.
- For those receiving Coregulating Touch work, before each client we will change the sheets from the previous session and wipe down the massage table and chair.
Here’s what we expect from you:
- Please cancel your session if you wake up with ANY COVID symptoms. There will be no charge for your missed session even if you cancel in less than 24 hours.
- Please wear a face covering from the time you enter the building through the duration of your session.
- Plan on using hand sanitizer or washing your hands upon arrival to the office. We will do our best to provide hand sanitizer.
While we support social distancing, you don’t have to let that get in the way of getting the support you need to get through these intense times. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
There is so much love for you here!